I’m sure everyone has seen their family and friends doing “30 days of thanks” posts, right? Well, I’m not one to do those sorts of things because it is way too much pressure to remember every day. But, that doesn’t mean I’m not thankful for many things. Quite the opposite in fact and with a move looming between Thanksgiving and Christmas I remind myself to think of the things to be thankful for. So in one post here are the things I’m most thankful for having in my life.
1. My husband! Without him I wouldn’t have this life and our two children.
2. My kids! They make me laugh every day and give me a reason to keep moving forward.
3. My family. Because of the support and love from my family, I feel strong enough to pack up and move to foreign lands because no matter how great or bad the current city is, we always have them.
4. My milspouse friends! Well, I just couldn’t survive without them! They are my sisters bonded over this crazy military life.
5. Health and dental care. It might be a pain in the neck at times but I’m so lucky we have it because we have a kid who has already broken two bones and it was so awesome to take him to the ER and not worry about the cost.
6. The abundance of resources. No service member or their family should complain that there isn’t help. There is something for everyone, you just have to look or ask. Not many jobs out there offer everything from moving assistance to counseling for FREE.
7. The opportunity to serve as an Ombudsman. It was a true blessing for me to be able to give back to the Navy in that role. Helping other spouses is where it is at!
8. Stroller Warriors. This group taught me real sisterhood! I never thought joining a running group could be so much more than just running for 30 minutes a couple of times a week.
9. Social media. Without it I wouldn’t be able to stay connected with all my friends! I get to watch their children grow up and know what is happening their every day lives. I love, love, love it!!!! Not to mention I can make sure my family sees my children and know what I’m doing everyday.
10. This blog. A year ago I was faced with not knowing where my life was going to go. I knew we would move and I would have to resign my Ombudsman position and my youngest would be off to school. When I published my first blog I had no way of knowing what a great community I was joining!
These are just 10 of my most thankful things. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?